Want to Connect In-Person with the Network?
Make sure to come out to monthly community events in your area. This is the best way to connect and collaborate with our network in your community!
We envision a future where all Canadians can economically earn, contribute, participate, and create as equals without discriminatory obstacles.
The Social Problem
If you’re a Canadian woman, visible minority, health-affected, or Indigenous person, you will earn 22-54% less than you should. This has to change.
Sometimes, the only thing we need to succeed in our professional career is simply the right introduction; or the right piece of advice; or the right resource; or leveraging the right skills from one of our peers. These simple peer-to-peer actions are what we call ‘collaborations’ – and we firmly believe that the right collaboration with the right peer can catapult us to success. The more of these types of collaborations we have, the less barriers to income and employment we have to overcome – and the more opportunity we have to succeed economically.
But…what if we couldn’t get steady access to these types of collaborations? The unfortunate reality is that not all communities collaborate as equally and as openly with individuals outside of their own community. As a result, opportunities to succeed develop in abundance within some communities, while other communities on the outside remain stuck in cycle of struggle. Over time, a separation occurs, resulting in a barrier to employment opportunity; a barrier to career success; and a barrier to equitable wage. This barrier has a tangible cost of $15,000-40,000 per person per year of uncaptured income in the most affected communities.
One of our greatest 21st century challenges is not only opening up the flow of economic opportunity, but also encouraging the communities with abundant opportunities to openly share that opportunity. In other words, we need to learn how to ‘share the wealth’. However as difficult as this may seem, we do believe that there is a solution…
Let’s Collaborate our Way to Equality!
If we collaborate with all communities as openly, equally, and diversely as possible without discrimination, then we are taking a direct action to break the barriers of employment. The simple act of collaborating allows us to ‘share the wealth’: we create a free-flow of knowledge; we develop the professional capabilities of our peers; and we also indiscriminately co-create sustainable employment opportunities. Therefore, the solution is simple – let’s all start the right collaborations with the right peers from all communities, and let’s do it as much as we possibly can. With this approach, it is possible to collaborate our way to employment equality for all – and we can start right now.
What is Jelly Social?
Jelly Social exists for exactly this purpose; as a service that specifically facilitates the right collaborations with the right peers in all GTA communities. We’re focus our efforts on making it easier for you to: a) find career development resources; b) find local peers to collaborate with; c) initiate new collaborations with peers in your community. Here’s how we do it:
To summarize, we cultivate a community of collaborators; we bring collaborators together at local events; we facilitate collaborations at the event between professionals that need career help and others that can offer help.
Imagine what you could accomplish in your career with thousands of diverse entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, and students to collaborate with. This is why the Jelly Social ‘Collaboration Network’ exists. Together, we will break the barriers to employment for all Canadian communities!
Want to Get Involved?
There are a few ways that you can get involved to bring income and employment equity to all:
- This is an open network, meaning that anyone is welcome to join in. Can you offer career help to others? Do you need career help yourself? Then join the network! Click here to fill out your form. This will help us learn more about your professional career, the career support you can offer others, and the help you need to achieve your own career goals. You can come back and fill out this form anytime you would like to submit something new.
- Each month, we host a community event that we call the ‘Jelly Social Community Collision’. The events are designed to bring diverse communities together in-person, and give you a chance to meet peers that you might not normally meet. We always have a team of volunteers on-hand at our events that are there to do one thing; get you connected with everyone else in the room. The volunteers are here to not only facilitate networking, but also facilitate new professional collaborations. Our volunteers will personally connect you with other talented people in the room that you can collaborate with, so that you can walk away from the event with a handful of exciting new collaboration opportunities to work on. Our events are very popular, which is why we have been expanding our events to more and more cities. We now hold monthly Community Collision events in Mississauga, Brampton, Etobicoke, and Downtown Toronto (with more cities to come!). Check out our events page for upcoming events in your area.
▶︎ Spread the Word!
- Follow us on social media and share our posts! We have grown our community almost entirely through social media and work-of-mouth, so please spread word however you can! We really appreciate your support!
- Jelly Social Mississauga – Instagram Community
Jelly Social Toronto – Instagram Community
Jelly Social Brampton – Instagram Community
Jelly Social Etobicoke – Instagram Community
Facilitating peer-to-peer collaborations that build an economically equitable future for all Canadian communities.
● Peers that collaborate together, succeed together
● Openly ask for help, and you will find others that are happy to help you
● It is possible for entire communities to collaborate their way to equality
● Openly offer support without the expectation of personal gain
● Wealth is abundant – no scarcity mindset!